Psalm of the day

Psalm 119:1-8
Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Friday, September 16, 2011

WOW!! Second week of school is complete! It doesn't seem possible that it is only the second week, it seems like we have been here longer. Not that I feel overwhelmed or homework or anything, but just because I feel like I have just been so busy this year. Monday, Wednesday, Friday I have five classes which makes for very, very busy days. Then Tuesdays and Thursdays I only have one class, plus orchestra; which by the way is going to be so much fun!! We don't have instruments to a full, balanced orchestra this year, so instead the director is splitting us up into ensembles. Which means we now have a flute quartet!!!! I'm so excited!! Overall, I think this is going to be a really, really good year!! Already God has been teaching me a lot!!!

I have been going through Matthew for my devotions and there are so many amazing truths that God wants to teach us! First of all, we see how Jesus was so busy every single day, healing people, teaching. But yet He never complained once, or asked for time off, or even just slept in. What an example to us! How many times do we just get so busy with our every day lives and we get so tired that we just want to quit, give up, or just crawl into bed and sleep? But Jesus never did that. So how was He able to keep up with everything going on around His without getting too exhausted? Well...I'll let you in on a secret...ready? Are you ready? Ok...here it is..............every day Jesus got early in the morning...we're talking before anyone else was even up...most likely before dawn...and He met with His Father to ask for wisdom to get through the day and to "refuel" His heart so that He can be totally prepared to do God's will for that day! I don't know about you...but that is just so encouraging to me to realize that Jesus can do it, so can I. And that is exactly what I have been working on doing. I have been trying my very best to get up early in the morning to meet with God for His daily instruction for my day...not just because we are required to do devotions before chapel...but because I want to with my whole heart and I want to grow in the Lord. And I encourage you, my readers, to do the same. Not because God will hate you if you don't because He will always love you. Also doing devotions every day in the morning doesn't necessarily guarantee you will have the best day ever. It just means that you spent quiet time alone with God at the start of your day...and you will be more equipped to do His will for you that day.

Also, I am taking Romans class semester, and it is just so amazing!!! Not to mention I already loved the book to begin with, but this class is only increasing my love for that book. Romans is my favorite book in the entire Bible!!! It's one of those classes that I wish would never end, it is so good. We are pretty much going through it verse by verse and there is just so much to learn. Today we talked about how even if there aren't too many ways to get involved in in other people's lives, the biggest way we can get involve is by prayer.In Romans 1:9, Paul says he is constantly praying for the people in Rome. Think about it...if we all prayed for everyone in our life every single day I bet we could see so many miracles happen, it would be amazing!!!!

Anyway, I think I have shared all that is on my mind. I will try to keep up better on updating you guys with what God is teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment