Psalm of the day

Psalm 119:1-8
Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Not guilty!

I stand accused
There’s a list a mile long
Of all my sins
Of everything that I’ve done wrong
I’m so ashamed
There’s nowhere left for me to hide
This is the day
I must answer for my life

My fate is in the Judge’s hands
But then He turns to me and says

I know you 
I love you
I gave My life to save you
Love paid the price for mercy
My verdict not guilty

How can it be?
I can’t begin to comprehend
What kind of grace
Would take the place of all my sin?

I stand in awe
Now that I have been set free
And the tears well up as I look at that cross
‘Cause it should have been me

My fate was in the nail scarred hands
He stretched them out for me and said

I’m falling on my knees to thank You
With everything I am I’ll praise You
So grateful for the words I heard You say



Today was the first day I heard this song. A lady at my church sang it as a special, and I just think it is amazing!!! It describes our sinful life so well. To think that before we come to Jesus and accept Him as our Savior and ask forgiveness for our sin, we were all guilty and deserved to die. It really should have been me on that cross, but instead Jesus loved us SO much that He took our place JUST so we can live with Him for eternity!! Even though Jesus wished he didn't have to go through with it (if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; Matthew 26:39), he still followed His Father's will (nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt). We owe Him our lives for taking our place on that cross and for making us "not guilty." I hope you enjoy this song as much as I did when you listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment